8.03.2012

tomorrow is my birthday.

And while I could wax poetic musings about how I'm happy to be celebrating in my town instead of where we were last year, I won't, because comparing Europe to Eau Claire would be like comparing Chef Boyardee to the Italian pasta dishes that Bethany is currently eating in Rome -- it's just not right.

So it's true that last year's birthday rocks this year's birthday outta the water...maybe.

But I don't know. I know that Chad has a baseball game with our family, a trip to my parent's house for cake, and a visit with friends who we haven't seen in over a year planned -- but that's all I know.

Last year I happily sat next to him on the airplane from London to Minneapolis for eight hours watching four movies and eating three meals. But this year I will probably sit next to him on our couch on Saturday morning. We'll probably be watching the Olympics with our breakfast plates on TV trays and our Leo snoozing in the corner.

And I'm good with that. Because I'm finally understanding God's lesson that He has been teaching me the past two years: that I don't need much to be happy. Being married and having the day-in and day-out with him that I do has shown me that.

So happy Saturday to you. My birthday wish (my one of many) is that you take a sec to find some part of the day that makes your heart happy.

I was hoping while I was writing this that I wouldn't end on a sappy, syrupy note, but oh well. :)

Looking back....
birthday post: 2009
birthday post: 2010
birthday post:  2011

because it's just not a project simple life birthday post if I don't include a cupcake // credit.

3 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

Happy Birthday, Amanda! I hope it's wonderful.

Gracie said...

Ooohh Happy birthday to you! I hope you have a great time and I do understand that you don't always need much to be happy :) God is so great

Micaela said...

aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!

you deserve the best - even if it's not currently europe like last year ;) because you're right-- it's about the little things of the every day. love your birthday wish!

XO M

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails