12.27.2010

post-christmas retreat.

I can't help but love etsy photographs, so here's another.

"It can't be over" I thought to myself last night as I was gazing at the Christmas tree still beaming in our darkened house. It has been the center of attention in our living room for the past twenty-one days and I couldn't bare the thought that we soon would have to take off the tinsel, garland, and ornaments and load its bare body in the back of our car to disposal.  It's too soon to end all the merriment and cheer...

So, I'm not taking it all down. Not yet anyway. I'm leaving the city, leaving up my ornament centerpieces and twinkly lights and retreating to my grandparent's house. We're going to listen to Christmas music in the car, eat the Christmas ham dinner (them, not me) leftovers, and share Christmas stories for a few more days. It's the perfect place for me to cure my post-Christmas blues...

I'll be back with Christmas weekend highlights and my hopes + prayers for the new year.

4 comments:

JSchaller said...

It's only the third day of Christmas! We leave everything up until Christmas is over on Jan. 6th.

danielle @ take heart said...

what a beautiful photo!

Meri said...

Yeah- I"m not even going to start taking anything down until January. It's still Christmas!

angela hardison said...

my tree is completely dead so i need to take it down now... but if it wasn't, i'd leave it up for a bit too :)

that photo is beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails